Friends of Thorpe Players
Data Protection Policy
1. The Friends of Thorpe Players was set up in March 2017 as a membership organisation.
It collects and retains data including names, addresses, phone numbers and email
addresses in order to communicate with members. The provision of this data is
2. These details are held by the Administrator and the Treasurer on a computer database.
The computers are password protected and use anti-virus software.
3. When emailing groups of members or the public the BCC field is used so as to protect
4. No membership details will be passed on to any other third party, to another
organisation, or used for communications other than those primarily relating to the
activities of the Friends of Thorpe Players.
5. A member has the right to request a copy of the data that we hold on them.
6. On occasion, information about activities by other organisations with aims relating to
those of Thorpe Players, which the Administrator or Treasurer believe would be of
interest to members, may be circulated to the Friends of Thorpe Players membership as
part of a general newsletter, or such information will be posted on the website where it
is freely available.
7. Members (current and prospective) are able to opt-out of receiving newsletters and
“information that may be of interest”.
8. Membership runs for 12 months from the date of joining. Members will be invited to
renew before the expiry date, and will, if necessary, be sent two reminders at
approximately monthly intervals thereafter. If a member fails to renew their membership
their details will be deleted from the central database one month after the final
revised July 2018
This website only uses 'cookies' to personalise your experience and analyse site usage. We never pass on your data to any third party. You can opt out of using 'cookies' on this site below but some functionality may be lost.